Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Come away with me.

So I am sitting in the lab and there is nothing to do. Nothing new about that. Most of our labs happen to this way. They always have been.

I am bored and I feel like yapping so voila! Here I am.

I just happened to read an article on shopaholic tendencies. I wonder if I have them. I think I do but not the cliched ones. Not the Gucci ones. But I feel a little too much love for Staedtler. I dont know what is it with me and stationary. I have always had a thing for it.When I was a kid I went crazy in the stationary section of the supermarket. It was like my very own Disneyland. There is always space for that one more color pen or that highlighter or even that oddly(but cutely) shaped eraser. There are times when I just walk into a shop and feel like buying something. I don't need it but I come out of the shop having spent the bills.

...

The weather sucks real bad. I mean seriously! It keeps raining so abruptly. And so heavily.. Yes, I know its the monsoon but still. This morning it felt as if Irene was coming to this side of the world. Scary stuff.
...

I wanna go travelling around the world. I just want to go. Like right now.
My Destinations?
Jodhpur. I want to walk in the big castles all by myself and just absorb all the history and the stories that it has to offer. Maybe, for a little while I'd like to believe in the myths too and act a little more fascinated than I actually would be. 
Paris. I wanna stand at the highest point of the Eiffel Tower and look down at the world. Feel the wind. Feel the rush. Take in all the beauty. Have french cuisine at Le Jules Vernes as I stare out into the fascinating capital of France.
New York. Walk through Times Square with a Starbucks in my hands and pretend as if that is my daily routine; as if I am on my way to work.
Santorini. Stay in the pretty white houses with the exotic flowers on the window side overlooking the beautiful Mediterranean sea. The ones with the vibrant blue roof tops.
Rome. I want to sit by a road side restaurant. The one with the pretty lights and the good food and good wine, although I am still to develop my liking for the latter
All this and soo much more.My imagination takes me places. I like how I can pretty much travel around the world in a few seconds.

....

I strongly feel that our hostel should have a vending machine! The night canteen is just pathetic to say the least. Not to mention how easily one can get food poisoning after having something from that place. In fact, I don't even think it exists anymore. The little billboard is still there so maybe it does. The vending machine is brilliant, don't you think?!  I remember one management student coming and asking me about what could be done to improve the hostel experience about 2 years ago; you know what I asked for.

....

Lately, I have been thinking about getting a pet! I want one. Again. This time I want a pug. I shall name it Romeo. Yes, go right ahead and call me cliched. Dont care. But then I am not sure if I will be there all the time to take care of it. Its a huge responsibility. People who don't treats animals right piss me off. Big time!


I am off now. Will come back with something more in the next post.

Till then, be good! (:

1 comment: