Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mornin' sunshine!

Good morning!
Getting up early in the morning has never felt so good. Ever. What happens usually and mostly is that I wake up just minutes before and then run around my room. Today, however, was different. It was smooth (If the things in my room could talk, trust me(!) they would scream at me every morning and say something like, "watch where ye going woman!") There was no banging or running into things today. I was gliding. John Mayer playing in the background did make make my morning a lot lot happier for the weather was definitely not gonna make it any better with the gloominess that lurks outside my window every morning these days; it's monsoon so it's a given. Coming back to Mayer, yes he is my current obsession. I love that guy. He has a way with music like no other. However I do think that he ain't so easy on my eyes when I watch his videos. He is cute no doubt but  his expressions are not all that natural, almost forced.But then again nobody is perfect, right?! Its fine by me to just watch him sit on a chair and sing as he sways his life audience. In fact I think he is one of the few performers who sounds so much better during a live performance..

Coming back to my morning, no matter how early I get up it so happens that I can never manage to have breakfast. If I get up early then I do things at my own easy, slow pace and if I get up late well you know how that ends.Something got me thinking today though. Wouldn't it be so awesome and delightful if we had a Starbucks on campus? I swear to God, I would get up early just so that I could have coffee on the go. That would just set things right. But then again I think I am expecting a little too much, like always. But hey! who says you cant dream big. Who knows, one day that might not be a dream! Mentioning Starbucks wasn't such a good idea after all. I am hungry now. I also have this slight buzz at the back of my head which means I want coffee.Not very nice. I am also craving for a blueberry cinnamon muffin. I'd love to be one of the characters from the movies who walks a few blocks to work and gets a coffee to go on the way. I d love to walk to work and watch the city wake up; trucks picking up and dropping stuff, cleaners sweeping the streets, bumping into kids on their way to school, flower shops getting new fresh supplies of gorgeous flowers(I love the yellow ones), shop shutters opening, chilly breeze coming right at my face..Gaaah.Got me thinking now. I wanna walk by a bakery and smell the fresh aroma that comes through the exhaust fans and if I may, I might just peak inside through the windows to see whats on display. No no wont go in. Getting late to work, you see!. .
Baahh. I really could stay in my virtual reality all day long!


Gotsa come back to reality..
Later!

2 comments:

  1. i have starbucks almost everyday here. :)
    Gotta hand it to you. Waking up early is amazing if the weather is. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right. Very, very jealous I am. ;)

    ReplyDelete