Sunday, August 7, 2011

It is what you want it to be

I know. I haven't been writing as much as I think I ought to. I don't know what it is. I just don't have anything to say. Every time I have thought of writing something and when I do it just sounds stupid and well(!) not worth writing. So I stop. But.Today I just had something to say and here I am, saying the things I want to. :)

I wonder what would happen if I was a writer. Well, I still consider myself one but lets put the word professional writer out there. I mean how horrible would it be if I had to earn for a living and then these pangs came. What on earth would I do! Not having something worthwhile to write while my paycheck depends on it?! :s I am sure there is a phase that hits in a journalists or a writer's life when they don't have something to write.How do they deal with it? I mean unless the piece of writing doesn't feel brilliant to you how could you possibly think that it would seem something remarkable to the world?

.....

Coming back to the thing that made me really, not sleep and, wanna write so badly is something small, something very stupid (or so I think that others would think that).Tom Hanks triggered it. Now, just a little history about me and Tom before I really tell you what I have to say. Here is how the story goes. I first saw Tom Hanks in The Terminal. I really really liked the movie. I thought it was very realistic and the way he potrayed that character is where the problem started. After that movie the next one I watched was Da Vinci Code and boy(!) did I like the movie or what(!) and as much as I like the movie I hated him just as much. Somehow I just couldnt see him playing the articulate Robert Langdon. That pretty much spoiled the entire movie for me since he was one of the leads. Since then I haven't been able to thoroughly enjoy his movies. Coming back to this present day, I am glad to announce that the curse has been lifted! I dont hate him anymore and I can finally watch his movies without being reminded of his role in The Terminal. The movie that did the magic was You've got Mail. I know. I know. Its taken me quite a while to watch that movie. I had it on my list but I just somehow never got around watching it! Moving on from Tom and onto the movie. I thought the character of Meg Ryan in the movie was soo cute and so chirpy and so funny! We should all have a little bit of her in us.
Anyhow, thats it for now. Will be back with more!

Ta!

2 comments:

  1. What issues did you have with him in The Terminal? It's a heart wrenching movie though, isn't it? Have you watched Forrest Grump? Lovely stuff. I don't like him much myself. I don't know why. He is so awesome though. Daddy got to see him in Singapore a month back. Or some other city, I don't remember. How did I find out? I saw the picture in his blackberry and whooped. Dad didn't think I would be interested to know this interesting bit of news. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, in Terminal he is this bozzo who is stuck and cannot speak english properly and yadayada but thenn in Da Vinci he is this suave, intelligent, scholarly and so articulate! That was the clash right there.
    I am soo jealous. I wanna see him too. Its sad but I havent even seen one hollywood star. :(
    I know right?! the whole "oh whats the big deal with celebrities anyway" that comes from our dads. Its unbelievable! I mean why on earth wouldnt that interest us!?! I swear to God if I turn out to be like that when I am my Dads age I am ready to kill myself right about now

    ReplyDelete