Friday, June 11, 2010

Yeah Baby! The World Cup Has Begun!

OMG! I cannot believe it!! Its gona be Happening in just a few more hours...I m super duper excited!

The world cup fever is on! And I am sooo sooo excited!! My brain is zooming faster than my fingers could type. And to top it all this post will definitely have the "Okay I m not quite sure wot she is tryin to say" moments as and when someone reads it!..but wateva! I m soo hyper and happee right now its don't matter.

Anyhoo. Where was I? Oh yes, me and the world cup!

Wanna hear something really funny and interesting?...I dont have much liking for Football!

OK! OK! OYLRITE! yes I can hear the muffles! but hey let me clarify my stand!

See I m in love with the all things the world cup has brought to AFRICA...and more so to SOUTH AFRICA( my most recent casa happened to be there! I used to live there. So perhaps thats why the attachment and chuckles!)

I wish I was there to share the excitement with my fellow South Africans! I m sure the aura is incredible out there. . Imagine walking out on the streets and seeing people celebrate and sing and dance as if you are right in the middle of a Brazalian festival!.. Id sure wanna be a part of all that.


And for once the spotlight is on AFRICA. A privilege that it truly deserves. .
All the development that has resulted due to the world cup have been breath taking and simply Lekker!

The new Gautrain( pronounced : How-train)!! Its amazing. Definitely a brilliant beginning to the otherwise detached suburbs. Finally the transport barriers are subsiding.
Sometimes you need events like these to make a difference. Surely a metamorphosis is happening.




Amidst all the happiness and the gaiety, there lurks a sad story. A demise of the Angel of our very own Madiba. His grand-daughter,Zenani, met and succumbed to  a road accident just two days ago  while she was returning from the World Cup Concert.. I hope his family gets the strength to deal with such a tremendous loss.

Now as far as the World Cup is concerned. .Who Wins.. Who loses.. Who makes the most no of goals..It don't interest me much.. What makes me a happy girl is that for now the world seems to revolve around South Africa!

Here I m leaving you with video of the world cup anthem in the voice of Shakira. I hope everyone loves it just as much as I did and still do!




Oh! Btw ...I love those Majigi hair extensions that Shakira has in this video.. My next mission is to get my hands on 'em.
Signing off for now...
Adios!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting viewpoint. Loves world cup but doesnt like soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really are crazy about south africa aren't you? :D

    ReplyDelete