Friday, December 10, 2010

It is what it is.

I wonder if it was the light around the darkness that fooled me of the better good to come. . .

Things happen. People disappear. And every time one does it kills a little part of me.
I have lost many this semester. Friend. Acquaintance. Loved one

Each time its not the closeness of the relationship that weakens me after they depart it is the non-existence of a person in a matter of a few moments that haunts me. The ability of a person's existence to perish almost instantly is what scares me. A few seconds run through your fingers like quick sand and make their existence mythical.

I wish things did not have to be this way. I wish one little mistake did not have to cost someone their life. I wish I could wake up the next morning and find that everything is back to the way it would have been had the destiny not been treacherous.

I close my eyes.

I wake up.

I breathe in another day. .


. . Nothing has changed. The disparity of yesterday still  lurks in the existence of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment